Saturday, November 15, 2014

Childhood: Ruined. And also, Thank Youuuuuu

First and foremost, thank you!  I'm pretty sure a friend I was with recently thought I went crazy when I started jumping up and down with a joyful OHMYGOODNESS as I saw my blog had reached over a thousand views.
^^^Alan Rickman's/Snape's reaction=pretty close to that of friend who witnessed my outburst.

Maybe it's not a big deal to anyone else, but to me it was pretty amazing.  So thankthankthankthankyou.  I'll post a treat of sorts at the end.  I need to time to think of something suitable for such amazing people.  (Also on an unrelated note, I think the volume of my computer is possessed as it randomly will get louder.....)

I am a nineties child and dang proud of it. I religiously and shamelessly jam to The Spice Girls, Backstreet, and N*Sync , I feel nostalgic when I see  a cassette tape or Walkman, and I am still a bit attached to CDs over digital music.  Also Pokemon. (The original 150. Please.)  I was obsessed  Again, no shame.  Seriously though,  in second grade, I would write my name on my papers as "Ashley/Misty Andrews"  (I tried to get away with just writing "Misty" on my paper once but at that point my teacher didn't find my identity crisis cute anymore.)  My "Student of the Week" picture was taken on a day when I was wearing my "Misty" outfit (yellow Tshirt with coveralls.)  I had a bit of a problem. Obviously.


                             Alright adult content past this point; You have been warned
I was attempting to be productive on a Saturday.  Yes, reread that a few times.  I had every intention of being productive in the a.m. but yeahhhhh one phone call with mother to vent/cry about life (it's been a reeeeeeal long week; don't judge me), which led to us shopping online together over the phone, meant that two hours later I decided I should probably stop eating things and do SOMETHING.
By this point, Linda and Alfred had arrived home.  They said hello and disappeared into Alfred's room and turn on the TV.  And then the noises start.  AHHHHH One Republic save meeeeeeeeeeee.  Now if this isn't bad enough on its own-which it is- I catch a snippet of the show that's playing in the background.  It's Pokemon.  THEY ARE WATCHING POKEMON RERUNS WHILE GETTING DOWN N' DIRTY, HOT N' HEAVY, DOING THE NASTY etc.
That is all levels of wrong and disturbing.  Just....Just....NO!  My childhood has been forever tainted.  I'm not sure how to move on.  This week has been rough as it is and now all cutesy Pokemon nostalgia and the guilty pleasure of playing it once in a while is just....dirtied. Soiled.  I feel so wronged.
And treat, as promised: A few of them because ya'll deserve it!

How Frozen Should Have Ended
Adam Levine Impressions
Boy Band Parody Because bahaha and 90s

Photo Credits
dancing dumbledore
The original crew
watson
She's the Man

No comments:

Post a Comment