Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving, Cookie Dough, &Emma Stone ( I wrote this on Thanksgiving, just a wee slow at posting....)

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving all you lovely people! I'm back home and I'm ecstatic to spend time with my family and to, of course, to eat the many delicious things that have been prepared.  I love cooking, baking and tasting what other people make so the fact that Thanksgiving lets me do that in the company of amazing people is beyond fabulous.


Tuesday I headed to a nearby city to a "weird and possibly offensive Thanksgiving"  I was invited about a month ago as the result of a chance meeting at a Barnes & Noble with a fabulous person from English Club (I am a word nerd, so sue me)  and their roommate.  As soon as she said weird and  possibly offensive, I was immediately excited and willing to whatever it took to make it.  That turned out to be making potatoes.  Psh. done.  And as  a bonus, we were encouraged to come costumed as Thanksgiving themed things.  Dressing up=YES.  Seriously.  Halloween is my favorite holiday, though veryveryvery closely followed by Thanksgiving.  So combining the dress-up portion of Halloweeen with the deliciousness and togetherness of Thanksgiving makes this girl extreeeeeeeeemely happy.  So upon arrival, I was greeted by, "Hi glad you made it! Do you want your face painted?!" These are my kind of people. I met many a fabulous people and it sounds like Christmas may be a repeat of the dressup-weird-and-offensive-theme.  Cannot wait.



Also last week for an ugly sweater party(also one of my favorite things) and a Thanksgiving  bonding event for a campus club, I made some Eggless, Edible Holiday Sugar Cookie Dough Balls.  Yes you read that correctly.  In fact let me state that again, just to make it real for you, EGGLESS HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH BALLS TO SHOVE IN YOUR MOUTH AS FAST AS POSSIBLE.  Yep that sounds right, especially since I had no evidence of said goodies by the time I returned home that night.

 
As a result of that self explanatory possible, many have asked for the recipe so I figured a blog was a appropriate place to post it!  I got the general frame work from both HERE and HERE(this one will make a little more) and then modified it to suit my tastes/needs.  The "holiday" part comes from me wanting to make something a little more exciting than just plain old sugar cookie dough balls, and the cookie dough balls instead of cookies came from the lack of eggs aaaaaaand lacking the funds to buy them.  Yes, I am lacking the moneys to buy eggs #collegelife.
But without further ado, here is the main focus of this post (seriously, let's be honest.)

Holiday Cookie Dough Heaven

For more: (adapted from the Cupcake Project)


  • 1&1/3 c. all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 c. French Vanilla Cappucino/Creamer powder (I used Maxwell House)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. white sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c. milk or water (add as needed)
  • Pumpkin Spice ( I just dumped to taste...) OR Ground cinnamon and allspice with just a dash or 2 of ginger.  (more cinnamon than allspice).  This was another ingredient  I kind of dumped to my digression...whoops

    For not at much (but still a good amount)...(adapted from Polish the Stars)

    • 1/2 c. butter, softened
    • 1/4 c, granulated sugar
    • 3/4 c.  brown sugar
    • 1 c. all-purpose flour
    • 1/3 c. French Vanilla Cappuccino/Creamer powder (I used Maxwell House)
    • 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    • 1-2 Tbsp. water/milk (add as needed)
    • Pumpkin Spice ( I just dumped to taste...) OR Ground cinnamon and allspice with just a dash or 2 of ginger.  (more cinnamon than allspice) . This was another ingredient I kind of dumped to my digression...whoops....

    "Baking:" 
    Cream the sugar and butter together.  Then add the vanilla, seasonings and flour. Mix until cookie dough consistency, adding the milk/water as needed. Next, eat directly from the spatula  roll into balls to 
    a) Serve and share
     b) Have an eating contest with yourself, or 
    c) store in the fridge for a few weeks, or a few months in the freezer

    Also sorry-not-sorry for 2 Emma Stone Gifs



    Photo credits

    Kirby 
    Emma Stone
    Emma Stone 2
    Chris Hemsworth is not sorry

    No comments:

    Post a Comment