Wednesday, September 17, 2014

This New Girl is Getting Another New Girl...And Cats Go Meow

So I found this bit of news out earlier this week but waited for confirmation to share it with all you lovelies:  Dwight is moving out this week and a new sub leaser will be taking over his absence so I introduce to you  Rita !  I was able to meet her briefly the other night when she was taking a tour of our grandiose residence.  I don't believe she will be as entertaining as Sir Dwight but as I discussed in the last post, I'm horrid at predictions.
Aaaaaand story time!
It's often been said that there are two types of people in the world, Dog People, and Cat People.  I'm not sure which categories you glorious little gumdrops fall into but I tend to lean a bit closer to the canines.  Now I do not have a problem with cats.  I tolerate cats quite well-kittens a little more so- and I may even pet your cat.  Few felines have I granted, "I like you!" status. I THINK I can think of one....maybe.
 <<<<no definitely not me

Now my lovely little abode has a cat/kitten.  She is about 5 months old, and I shall call her Mothball, because I can.  Now Mothball usually she falls into the tolerable cat category.  Quiet, not overly friendly-not mean, just not the PETMENOWILOVEYOUANDCAN'TTAKEYOUNOTLOVINGME sort. And she is usually confined to Alfred's room.
Marvelous little Mothball-I'm in the mood for alliterations apparently-has been in heat for the past week.  Now I do not know if this normal for cats in heat but all of a sudden Mothball has become hyper attached to me, my legs,arms, textbooks, or anything else that is on or near my person. No. Just, NO. Not okey.  Cat we are acquaintances, not snuggle buddies.  Last nigth while trying to read and attend to my studies, she was quite insistent on showing affection by trying to nuzzle my hand, computer and plod and prod my textbook...she was thrown off the table many times.  Not viciously, for all those who pictured me whipping her across the room. I simply grabbed her and put her on the floor, like a humane being.  Geez....though throwing was tempting at times, I am, like I said, a humane, human being
I am not amused By your use of Another part of this LOVEMELOVELOVELOVEMEEEE stage Mothball is going through is mewing and mewing and mewing......and mewing a little an ridiculous incessant amount.  My landlord downstairs can hear her.  As an example of how annoying/frustrating this is,pick your choice of the song "Friday," Uncle Bobo's obnoxious laugh, Fred or police sirens and have it sporadically playing for about three hours at 5ish minute intervals with a minute break for about 3-8 hours.  Got it.  Now do this for  a week.  AND YOU CAN'T TURN IT OFF.  I feel this provides an adequate visual.  Added challenge: Do productive work like things.


Perhaps my annoyance is heightened by the fact that I a not of the cat loving variety....
But main point of the story, Free Cat anyone??
brace yourselves 
cat meme
newgirl meme

1 comment:

  1. BEWARE! This cute little mew mew will "mark its territory" and I am afraid the smell will not come out...not even good ole baking soda works on that one. I would be careful not letting kitten in your room (at least when you are not in there) Hope all goes well with Alfred, Rita and lil' mew ew, oops, mew mew;)

    ReplyDelete